[thelist] wiki recommendation

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Thu Nov 17 07:31:27 CST 2005

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 10:54:06PM -0800, Mike wrote:
> I would like to set up a php wiki and need some recommendations. I am
> considering Mediawiki however it appears to be difficult to install
> based on some comments I have read.

Mediawiki is very simple to install, assuming that you already have PHP
and MySQL installed and configured correctly. Unless they've grossly
complicated the install process in 1.5 (I've only used the 1.4.x
releases) then you should be able to get it running if you know the
database connection details (username, password, hostname etc.).

Paul

--
Rogue Tory
http://www.roguetory.org.uk