[thelist] discussion forum

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Thu Nov 17 08:22:08 CST 2005

Mike wrote:

> I would like to set up a discussion forum on my website. Preferably
> php-based. phpBB http://www.phpbb.com/ looks like a good solution. Any
> other obvious recommendations?

After having my phpbb2 board crash on me twice, i moved to another
software choice.  I use invision board (http://www.invisionpower.com).
While this software is not free, it is open source, and you get great
tech support.
40,000 members and 600,000 posts strong on this board.
phpbb crashed on me and corrupted my db withonly 5k members and 30k posts...

something to keep in mind.  I'm sure there's been bug fixes since i last
used it, but IMO, invision is the best-written php BBS out there right
now.  100% OOP, full template system w/ xml import, tons of mods at
invisionize.com etc, etc