[thelist] wiki recommendation

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Thu Nov 17 15:37:08 CST 2005

>Anyone know if it is possible to learn and setup a full CMS in about 8 working days? Or is that unrealistic?
>[0] http://www.mamboserver.com/
>[1] http://www.drupal.org/
>[2] http://www.civicspacelabs.com/
>[3] http://www.opensourcecms.com/

Hi Mike,

I think 8 days would give you a decent amount of time to get things set up, providing your server-side skillz are pretty good. I know that Drupal has a raft of features which would take more than 8 days to get your head around, but the core of the site would be there in that time.

Beware that (unless they've been rewritten since then) Drupal has template code mixed in with display logic and Mambo (from memory) was heavily table-centric.

In saying that, it was a couple of years ago that I poked my nose into the code, so things may have well changed since then.

Paul