[thelist] wiki recommendation

Mike designbase10 at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 17 17:23:31 CST 2005

Thanks Paul and Rich,

I think I would prefer to try Drupal/CivicSpace as a full CMS system and
see if it has a wiki component.

Compared to Mambo, Drupal/CivicSpace seems to be more standards
compliant (no table based layouts) and seems to be more CSS friendly. I
only need to have a demo for Dec 6 and I can fine tune the installation
after that date. I prefer PHP based solution and Drupal/CivicSpace also
offers this. It seems like a good way to invest my time because I will
be able to take what I have learned and apply it to other sites I am
running. Knowing Drupal/CivicSpace would have long term benfits as well.
Drupal/CivicSpace seems to have a good user base and lots of support too.

Mambo may be easier but I think I will be brave and explore
Drupal/CivicSpace first. I hope I am not being too unrealistic. I am a
little nervous about this decision however I will give it a try :)

--
Mike