[thelist] Drupal Civicspace CMS. Newsletter feature?

Mike designbase10 at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 18 00:05:08 CST 2005

Thanks Ron,

What is the difference between Drupal and CivicSpace in terms of feature
set and capability? I have read CivicSpace is based on Drupal and that
would lead me to believe that Drupal has a greater feature set and more
capability. Would this be true? You see, I am about to invest much time
in learning CivicSpace and perhaps it might be better for me to instead
spend my time learning Drupal if it would turn out to be even more
useful than CivicSpace. What do you think?

Is it simply that Drupal takes longer to learn than CivicSpace? Of
course a shorter learning curve would be an advantage to me however I
would like to learn the tool that will be most useful to me in the
future. If Drupal takes only a few more days to learn than CivicSpace I
would gladly spend the extra time to learn a superior product. However
if Drupal takes more than twice the time to learn than CivicSpace
perhaps CivicSpace will have to suffice for most of my needs.

Currently my needs are to set up a political website for collaborating
ideas together into a party platform. I would need a wiki component, a
discussion forum component and an online poll system. I might also set
up a second website users could add content to and users could subscribe
to newsletters. My scope could be greater in the future and I therefore
would need a CMS system that I could add features to later. I am not
sure if I should rely on CivicSpace or Drupal.

Thanks for any thoughts,

--
Mike