[thelist] recommendations for repartitioning windows 2000server C:drive without data loss.

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Sun Nov 20 06:29:31 CST 2005

With disk storage so cheap these days (compared to what it used to cost), it
may be worth just investing in a bigger disk. I got some 250GB SATA disks for
< A$200. Obviously different pricing in different parts of the world, but 100
GB+ of storage is pretty cheap in most places these days.

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of VOLKAN ÖZÇELIK
Sent: Sunday, 20 November 2005 10:49 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] recommendations for repartitioning windows 2000server
C:drive without data loss.

Thank you Ken and Hershel.

Here is my emergency plan if you are interested in hearing it:

1. Uninstall non-system fonts that are mainly used in graphics design
(around 400 meg)
2. Remove windows update setup files to another drive. (that's a huge
amount of file)
3. order acronis disc director (for servers) trial version.
4. Move the contents of application data to another place (just a
temporary action to gain some more space)
5. back up my data.
6. run acronis to repartition C: drive and pray.

I am on the fifth step right now :)

After finishing everything I think I'll have around 15Gig of free
space. That will be enough for me until the next system crash.

I think I'm gonna try to change the locations of local settings and
application data in a more spare time.

Thanks again for your ideas.

Cheers,