[thelist] recommendations for repartitioning windows 2000 server C:drive without data loss.

Sean German smgerman at comcast.net
Sun Nov 20 14:55:50 CST 2005

> I used to use partition magic to solve the problem on my
> windows98 box. But when I read the most recent version's
> specs it says that:
>
> "PartitionMagic does not support Windows NT Server or Windows
> 2000 Servers."

FYI, Windows 2000 server does have Dynamic Disk which you can access through
Disk Management.  It's part of some versions of server, like enterprise ed.,
and also part of the Win 2000 Resource Kit.

I think there are some gotchas regarding upgrading boot or system partitions
from basic to dynamic, so you may still be in a backup-repartition-restore
situation, but it's worth checking out.

HTH,

Sean G.

"If we wanted more leisure, we'd invent machines that do things less
efficiently."  --Bill Watterson