[thelist] recommendations for repartitioning windows 2000 server C: drive without data loss.

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Sun Nov 20 22:44:42 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 09:35 +0200, VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> my 5gb C: partition is already full (only a few hundred megs left).
>
> I used to use partition magic to solve the problem on my windows98
> box. But when I read the most recent version's specs it says that:
>
> "PartitionMagic does not support Windows NT Server or Windows 2000
> Servers."

Use ntfsresize, available on the latest Knoppix (bootable CD/DVD
distribution of GNU/Linux).

And you should back up your data anyway, even if you do give PowerQuest
money for their solution, as I did have an entire filesystem get eaten
by a PartitionMagic crash once.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>