[thelist] Sending e-mails

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 06:00:18 CST 2005

Hi Gang
            I have recently taken over a web site for a band. Although the
site has been professionally done, if you register for e-mail updates on the
band they have to send them out one by one from an AOL account which, as you
can imagine, is not ideal.
            The site is hosted with http://www.sitehq.co.uk/ on their most
basic package. One of their rules is that no more than 150 e-mails an hour
can be sent from one of their hosted sites, and they make no exceptions. At
the moment there are just about this number of people on the mailing list,
but things are expected to change next year.
            So what are my options here? How do people send out those
e-mails that say "undisclosed recipients" in the "To" box? I am not sure
whether I will be able to install a program on their server ( a Windows box,
if that makes any difference), so are there legitimate companies, preferably
in the UK, that will do this for them?

TIA

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk