[thelist] Verisign's 128 bit SSL Certs $995?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 23 20:45:04 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 21:02 -0500, Maisha Walker wrote:
> Has anyone had experiences where Verisign's technology has proven to be the
> better bet and worth the extra $865?
>
> I'm doing my due diligence to make sure that I offer my small business
> clients the best advice.

Given what I know about encryption, my bovine excrement detector is
definitely getting a reading here, but not full scale yet. From what I
remember reading about SSL, I think the conventional encryption cipher
chosen is the best common cipher between the browser and the server in
all cases, but it's possible the certificate may have something to do
with it.

I may do some experiments with TinyCA and see what I get.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>