[thelist] Zen Cart [was Mambo - Joomla!]

BJ bj at kickasswebdesign.com
Wed Nov 23 22:30:07 CST 2005

"Is there any open source package out there that manages to separate the
domains?"

A good CMS, though "young" and not many mods yet- http://modxcms.com - a nice separation of presentation and backend.

Not open source, but free to use with linkback- CubeCart. http://cubecart.com - my favorite shopping cart to skin, since it's totally possible to remove the few tables they have in the current skins. Clients, even computerphobic ones, find the interface very easy to use and MUCH more intuitive than either ZenCart or OSCommerce.

--
Ciao for Now,
bj

http://kickasswebdesign.com
devblog: http://kickasswebdesign.com/wordpress/
Kickass WebGeek Resources: http://kickasswebdesign.com/webgeekdir/

"Legend has it that every new technology is first used for something related to sex or pornography. That seems to be the way of humankind". --Tim Berners-Lee

"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" --Linus Torvalds

---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound says I'm squeaky clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0547-2, 11/23/2005
Tested on: 11/23/2005 11:30:09 PM