[thelist] [OT] how to grant a commercial license.

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:01:20 CST 2005

Thanks Kasimir,

I think I'm gonna prepare a dual license which extends my CC license
for commercial use.

>You wouldn't
> have to deal with individual licensees/users. And you wouldn't enforce
> the license in any way, but would trust peoples' honesty - which you do
> already.

As you said that's a matter of mutual goodwill.
I just will offer something more for purchasing a commercial license
(some extra support and consulting - to a reasonable extent of
course-, additional examples & documentation, latest non-stable
releases which are not published on the web etc etc.)

I am currently re-designing (actually refractoring) my web sites.
I will have all my licenses (and pricing) publicly available as well.
I believe honesty and openness always wins on the long run.

p.s.
I didn't forget the tip,
but I'm really busy (with the license, my clients, my full-time work,
my MBA classes, my research paper (which is really really off-topic)
and all other stuff).

Tip to come asap.

Thank you very much for your help.
--