[thelist] Interesting maybe IIS/ASP maybe authenticationerro rSOLVED, BUT WAIT.....

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Dec 12 18:35:12 CST 2005

I would implement the custom 500-100 error handler.

I'd also get a network capture with/without that box being checked. That way
you can see if the browser is sending anything different to the server, and
you can see exactly what the server's response is (to verify that you are
getting a 500 error, and that your current page isn't, say, accidently
setting the HTTP status to 500)

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Jay Blanchard
Sent: Tuesday, 13 December 2005 12:51 AM
To: 'thelist at lists.evolt.org'
Subject: Re: [thelist] Interesting maybe IIS/ASP maybe authenticationerro
rSOLVED, BUT WAIT.....

[snip]
AFAIK unchecking that box shouldn't solve any problems. So, it would seem
that there was something else going wrong, but by the time it came around to
rechecking the issue, the problem has "solved" itself.
[/snip]

You're correct, it shouldn't solve a problem. However, when I checked that
box after unchecking it the error for that user occured again. So it was
testable. I will take your suggestion and create a custom 500 page so that I
can trap any errors.