[thelist] ASP file not working

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Dec 14 02:47:48 CST 2005

>> The error is on line 1
>>
> How do you know? I didn't post any code

Exactly

Evidently the script interpreter thinks that the file ends at column 630 of
line 1 of your page. And when it reaches the end of the file, there is a
mismatched set of { }

Perhaps rename the file from .asp to .txt (or something similar) and ensure
that the entire source code is there...

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Maisha Walker
: Sent: Wednesday, 14 December 2005 6:07 PM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: Re: [thelist] ASP file not working
:
: Oops!  Didn't finish that email.
:
: Yup that's exactly it - it returns a "The page cannot be displayed" error,
: along with this error further down on the error page:
:
: Error Type:
: Sun ONE ASP JavaScript compilation (0x800A03E9)
: EOF found before closing '}' of block statement
: /asktheorganizer.asp, line 1, column 630
:
: But the other file works just fine - and they are *exactly* the same file
: with the filename being the *only* execption.
:
: I thought there might be some really simple, standard reason why this
: isn't
: working.  I'm not that familiar w/asp, being a UNIX, php, perl
: afficionado!
:
: