[thelist] Reminder/Task Software

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Wed Dec 14 09:53:44 CST 2005

Sarah Adams wrote:
>>Ummm, did you notice that I answered the question with
>>rememberthemilk.com? I have tried Yahoo's calendar but it never sent
>>anything to my IM. and I have Yahoo's IM.
>
> I don't see why your response mentioning rememberthemilk.com should mean
> that I should not mention the Yahoo calendar.

I agree with you. Mentioning Yahoo calendar is a fine suggestion. I was
responding to this text of yours:

 > I'm not sure if you're willing to consider an online solution

I was just pointing out that I'm obviously willing to consider an online
solution because of the fact that I myself answered rememberthemilk.com. :)

> What I like about Yahoo calendar over other services out there is that I
> know Yahoo will be around next week, whereas a lot of other services may
> or may not last. Short of installing reminder-type software on my own
> website, this seems to me to be the most reliable way to set reminders
> for the future.

You have a good point. If Yahoo would send reminders to my IM, I would
have stayed with it. Didn't seem to work for me however. Not sure why.
That is basically the reason I don't use it.

Hershel