[thelist] Pop up window on exit

Megan Holbrook meganwh at wi.rr.com
Wed Dec 14 11:17:07 CST 2005

Rich Points wrote:

> Howdy,
> I've been looking for a JavaScript that renders a pop up when the user
> exits the site  I'd also like to set a cookie so it doesn't pop up twice
> in one day.  I've found some scripts that claim to do this but none of
> them seem to work, even the examples.
>
> Can someone point me to a good JavaScript that will render a pop up and
> set a cookie on exit?

I know this is obvious, but you /might/ just check that you don't have
your own browser set to block popups. If the scripts are supposed to
work and don't, it would be good just to make sure it isn't something as
basic as that...

...after all, popup blockers were created to prevent exactly this type
of functionality.

;) M.
Megan Holbrook - megan at kapow.com
Partner - Business Development
kapow, inc. (www.kapow.com) - website design, development & consulting

Most recent website launches:
Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra (www.milwaukeesymphony.org)
Southwestern Law School (www.swlaw.edu)

kapow, inc. Milwaukee               kapow, inc. Los Angeles
2405 E. Wyoming Place               1301 Montana Ave., Suite A
Milwaukee, WI 53202                 Santa Monica, CA  90403
T: 414-273-2446 * F: 414-278-9056   T: 310.394.5276 * F: 310.394.5278