[thelist] flash or DHTML for slide show ? was basic flash tutorial (for photo "slideshow")

Bird bird at koolfish.com
Thu Dec 15 09:46:46 CST 2005

I get many requests for photo slide shows for villa and safari sites
that I do. I have always done these type of things using a DHTML type of
slide show. Clients want it, so what's the best option to go with?

Should I now be using flash to accomplish the same thing ?
Is one method better than the other? The audience of these kind of sites
that I do are predominantly windows users and 80%+ viewers on IE 5 and
higher if that has any bearing on the choice.

Lisa