[thelist] Excel to WWW

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 08:17:34 CST 2005

Jay Blanchard wrote:
> [snip]
> Is there any easier way to skin this cat?
> [/snip]
>
> Make the spreadsheet downloadable. You can zip it and place a link to it on
> the web server in under 2 minutes. Of course, if you are planning to
> maintain the data in a database it isn't an option.

+1

To make it a web app, though, since it sounds like a wee b**tard to use
and it would be better for the customer, it would seem there are another
couple of options:

a. Outsource this part of the project to India (no, I am not being
facetious)

or

b. Do it as classic ASP/VBScript - depending on the VBA, perhaps there
is a chance that the calculations could be pasted as/is or bulk
processed using S&R to reduce the workload.

a. would be my preferred option, since I will eat my hat if b. turned
out to be possible.

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net BETA - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets online
http://snippetz.net