[thelist] JavaScript Form Submit w/ Text

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Fri Dec 16 13:43:27 CST 2005

Hi Casey,

   It looks like you're not actually setting selectCN in your function (unless you mean you had it in there and then took it out).  When you say the value is not submitted, is this just a simple Request.Form("selectCN") call that you're doing?  What happens if you Response.Write(Request.Form) in its entirety; does that help at all?

Peter

 From: "Casey" <aspnet at thecrookstons.com>

I'm using a simple text link to submit a form. The actual value of the text
link (in this case 'cust_name') is being submitted just fine. But, I can't
get other values to submit. The value of selectCN, for example, doesn't get
passed. View Source confirms that is populating correctly, so
that's not the problem.

I also tried including this in the javascript function with no luck:
document.resortData1.selectCN.value = '' ;

<form name="resortData" method="post"
action="sales_prospectNEW.asp?view=defined&id=<%=pid%>" >
<input type="hidden" name="selectCN" value="<%=selectCN%>" />
<input type="hidden" name="sortby" />
style="font-size:9pt;">Name</a>
</form>

<!--
function sendResortBy ( selectedtype )
{
document.resortData.sortby.value = selectedtype ;
document.resortData.submit() ;
}
-->
</script>