[thelist] rss - best practices.

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 06:34:13 CST 2005

Hi list!

We have a forum which has a moderate traffic on it. Actually we have a
series of forums on different topic from development (network
security, programming) to hobby (mind puzzles, soap operas etc) .

We want to implement an rss feed for each forum so that when a new
entry / comment is added to the forum it is published so that people
can be aware that something new is going on in that particular forum
without needing to log into it.

However, I have not done any rss integration apriori.

What is the optimum way to implement such a mechanism.

Is simply generating a dynamic XML according to the RSS specs necessary?

Are there any caveats? anything that I should take into account?

How hard is it to implement? How much time do you estimate the
implementation will take?

Do you suggest any pointers, sites?

btw, the setup is php - mysql.

Thanks very much in advance.