[thelist] RSS Validation Problems

Asif Suria asifsuria at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 17:55:20 CST 2005

Hello,

I decided to try to syndicate my newsletter and blog
today using RSS after reading the following two
articles about RSS,

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss
http://www.isitebuild.com/rss/rss-feed.htm

After creating the XML file, I tried to validate it
using these two online validators as suggested in one
of the articles.

http://feedvalidator.org/
http://rss.scripting.com/

The following error from the validators is not making
much sense to me and I was hoping that some RSS expert
on this list might be able to understand that it
means.

"line 1, column 2: XML parsing error: <unknown>:1:2:
xml declaration not at start of external entity

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>"

The RSS feed is located at
http://www.sinletter.com/rss.xml

Wishing all of you a happy holiday season.

Asif