[thelist] RSS Validation Problems - Solved

Asif Suria asifsuria at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 24 15:16:09 CST 2005

Thanks for checking Paul. I had seen examples that
used the xmlns:content attribute but that was not the
problem.

The problem had to do with

1. White space before the <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="iso-8859-1" ?> line (I would never have
guessed this).

2. Missing </link> tags because Dreamweaver UltraDev
decided to arbitrarily remove all </link> tags. I have
had issues with Dreamweaver in the past where it adds
arbitrary code to the end of certain files. Switching
to Textpad as an editor fixed this problem.

3. I used a pubDate of 1:00:00 GMT instead of 01:00:00
GMT.

4. I put in those "-" signs in the code and they are
not supposed to be in the code but are displayed when
the browser parses through the XML code (I can't
believe I did this :-)).

The final validated RSS feed code is now at,

http://www.sinletter.com/rss.xml

xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">

Blog -> http://www.sinletter.com/ablog.aspx