[thelist] Site check please

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 01:33:24 CST 2005

Thanks Alex,

I got your 4 cents :)

I'm still working on the site.
We've made an arrangement with the client and there will be an English
version. He does e-commerce, he just exports for the time being.

You're not the first one complaining about the blue "links". Guess, I
have to think about that.

Yeah I know the site is way too generic. But the time my client has
given me was way too "limited" :) Anyway I'll work on that. May be
I'll put a grayscale carpet background, place a carpet decoration over
the orange navigation etc applying some tint / alpha etc. Anyway,
thanks for your suggestion.

I'm working on the menu ass well. The split issue is less disturbing
if I use a blueish hue and saturate the navigation a little (which
others have offered as well)
It was my design decision and I still insist on that split. Design is
subjective isn't it :)

I know the word count is less than normal. But it's what the client
has provided me. And I do not want to place additional wording unless
he provides. I'll inform him about it as well.

And I agree about the "front page thingy". You look at the site for
eight seconds and decide whether it is worth navigating further or
not. Sad but true.

Happy new year (we have two days left :) )
--
Volkan Ozcelik
+>Yep! I'm blogging! : http://www.volkanozcelik.com/volkanozcelik/blog/