[thelist] ASP logic problem - deleting record

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Thu Dec 29 10:11:27 CST 2005

> rescheduled for a
> different date. I can see the user going in and deciding they
> need to delete
> the original date and then add a new date rather than simply edit the
> existing date.
>
> So, logically, how do I approach this problem?

If you give them an update/edit/reschedule function, they'll be likely
to follow their nose rather than deleting the event, and then readding
it. Without seeing the form it's hard to say, but if you're giving them
a choice to delete a part of an event rather than clearly labeling the
button or link 'Delete This Event', they may be confused.

I'm just finishing an online calendar meself, and the edit function is
real popular with the client.

joel