[thelist] ASP logic problem - deleting record

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Thu Dec 29 10:52:08 CST 2005

> Perhaps I shouldn't have normalized the database and instead
> should have
> left the date as a field in the event table.

That's how I've got it. I don't have an option yet for recurring events,
but I'd still associate a date with each occurrence, since as you point
out, that's really how most people think of the date of an event; as
part of the event, not part of a series of dates. It's the event itself
that's perceived as part of the series.

I'd be glad to share my code and logic with you once I've got phase I
buttoned down, and I'd love to see what you've done to see if we can
both come up with a better tool.

joel