[thelist] the cost of Flash - alternatives?

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Thu Dec 29 10:56:39 CST 2005

I used Flash briefly many moons ago, and for some of my sites it'd be
the right tool. Unfortunately, I don't have $350 to spend on it. It hurt
enough spending $300 for PhotoShop a few years ago, and I use that every
single day.

Is there an alternative? I'd love to offer my clients a bit o' Flash for
their sites, but doing web work as a sideline, it's just such a big
expense I'm not sure I can justify it for the small amount I'd use it.
On the other hand, for that small amount of use, it would be the perfect
tool.

Ideas?

Thanks

joel