[thelist] Custom Image Button Problem

Peter Chen pchen at jiethics.org
Thu Dec 29 12:24:08 CST 2005

I'm trying to create a dropdown jump menu, but am having a hard time
substituting an image for a default button. I thought it would be very
easy to do, so I'm bewildered as to why the form keeps breaking when I
use <input type="image"...>, yet works fine when I use <input
type="button"...>. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help.

Here's the script:

<form name="news">
   <select name="list">
                <option value="#">--------- Read More News
---------</option>
                <option value="#1">Item 1</option>
                <option value="#2">Item 2</option>
                <option value="#3">Item 3</option>
   </select>
            <input type="image"
onClick="location=document.news.list.options[document.news.list.selected
Index].value;" src="../gif/btn-go.gif">
</form>

..and when I select an option and press 'go', I get the following in my
URL location bar:
http://www.mysite.com?list=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysite.com%2Fpage1.htm&x=14&
y=13

-pc