[thelist] AOL Labeling Opt-In List as Spam

Jono jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Thu Jan 5 23:05:35 CST 2006

> I have a client with an opt-in mailing list that has a good many AOL
> email addresses.  When I attempted to send an HTML announcement last
> night, AOL rejected every one as SPAM.

Norman,

AOL, MSN, Hotmail and a few others will reject your email if it appears to
be bulk mail.  I have sent out html email campaigns in the past for various
companies and the first time I did it I had the same problem.

AOL offers a good bit of information on their Web site.

Start here:
http://postmaster.aol.com/guidelines/
-->  See Best Practices

--