[thelist] special characters

T. R. Valentine trvalentine at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 17:42:42 CST 2006

On 10/01/06, Neal Watkins <neal at constructweb.com> wrote:
> anybody know the link for the page that will aoutomatically convert text
> (foreign languages) into special characters

A serious question: why would one want to do this? Why not just use
Unicode and enter the appropriate characters?

For instance, if you look at
http://www.geocities.com/trvalentine/orthodox/nicene-constantinople_compare.html
and examine the source (you will need a text editor that handles
Unicode and view with a Unicode-type font), you will see that I've
entered the polytonic Greek text directly into the markup which is
then rendered on the page -- just like using Latin characters.

--
T. R. Valentine
Use a decent browser: Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera