[thelist] CSS Text Size and Table Resize Problems

Juha Suni juha.suni at ilmiantajat.fi
Wed Jan 11 01:29:51 CST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clay Thompson" <clayt85_2 at hotmail.com>
> These questions involve the site http://www.unc.edu/~clayt85
>
> On Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7 all looks fine on any screen resolution I can
> throw
> in there.  But in IE 6.0.29 at 1024 x 768, there is a small gap in the
> orange line in the far-left column...

Without looking further at your questions, I noticed that you have not
declared a doctype for your document, which has a major impact on the
rendering differences in IE and FF.

I'd suggest setting a strict doctype and validating the page before looking
further.

For HTML 4.01 Strict:

For XHTML 1.0 Strict:

HTH