[thelist] Someone wants to advertise on my site (slightly OT)

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Thu Jan 12 04:50:37 CST 2006

Message from Daniel & Anna Medley (1/11/2006 01:26 PM)

>They say that the links would be to shopping/research portals based on broad
>topics like

>  "investing"

"XXX Corporation - H0t st0ck for New year time!!"
http://www.raingod.com/angus/Computing/Internet/Spam/Stocks/FAQ.html

>"software" and

"Get Adobe Photoshop today. Only $1.99! Genuine, auhtentic burned copies!"
http://www.joewein.de/sw/spam-oem-software.htm

>"finance"

"You've been pre-aproved to recieve our one time low rate"
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/mortgage-spam.html

>What I'm wondering, has anyone here heard of this type of advertising? What
>are some things that I should be cautious of?

I'd tell them I want to pre-approve any ads before they are published.
Because they may start out with legit-looking ads before going downhill.

regards.
-marc