[thelist] Flash Player 6 Mac standalone

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Thu Jan 12 11:53:33 CST 2006

Christian Heilmann wrote:
> A colleague is just looking for an old flash player (version 6) for
> Mac to do some testing, and there is nought on the MM site and
> googling didn't help.

Not for standalones, because those are built into the authoring tool.
(ie, if they're actually authoring in the original Macromedia Flash MX
authoring tool, then they'd be able to make standalones right there.)

As Sarat noted, general web searches on terms like "site:macromedia.com
old player archive" brings up older browser plugins. You don't usually
*need* these, because publishing in an older SWF format gives you the
exact file (ie, in the current Flash authoring tool you can create SWF5
files and so on), but if you want to assure that the
backwards-compatibility is exact then the older browser plugins are
archived there.

But, for the standalone question, you can create a self-contained
executable file directly from the authoring environment, no
unpredictable dependencies necessary.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd