[thelist] MySQL PHPMyadmin

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Thu Jan 12 14:27:41 CST 2006

I can't remember the exact syntax, so this is from the MySQL manual[1]

Cmd > mysql -h path.to.dbserver.com -u user_name -p your_pass

The command line is fantastic for importing / exporting big files - you don't get the timeouts that phpmyadmin gives you and the operations seem to be processed faster

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connecting.html

HTH,
Paul