[thelist] Finder's fee?

Chris at globet.com Chris at globet.com
Fri Jan 13 14:07:39 CST 2006

Christian

>> Does anybody here pay finder's fees to associates,
>> aquaintances, friends for jobs they got for you? And if so
>> what is a common percentage to be used?

In the past it has largely depended on the effort that the person has
gone to to find me the job, or the likelihood that they will find me
more jobs and we will build an ongoing relationship. I have not paid
many finder's fees, but when I have it has been 10% of the gross. This
figure was based on the fact that it made it fairly attractive to the
finder to repeat the operation, and did not mean that I had to increase
the quote astronomically.

This was not a particularly scientific approach, so others' experiences
may be of more use to you.

> If anybody should be paying it's the company that hired you.

I would respectfully disagree with this. I may build the finder's fee
into the quote if I'm going to pay one, but in my opinion the
responsibility would lie with me.

[..]

Chris Marsh
Web Developer
http://www.globet.com/
Tel: +44 20 8246 4804 Ext 828
Fax: +44 20 8246 4808

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company. This message is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not
If you have received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately and delete it from your system.