[thelist] unobtrusive JS: adding events with parameters?

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 00:16:40 CST 2006

>2006/1/21, sam foster <potatosculptor at gmail.com>:
> You could also take a look at Prototype's "bind" and
> "bindAsEventListener" functions which demontrate the same
> closure/anonymous function technique. And while you're there, the
> Event.* functions are handy and implement a workaround for the memory
> leak problems in IE that occur with event handlers.

Prototype.js is on my todo / toexamine list for sometime.
I have downloaded and used it but I want to deeper look into the code
to get some inspiration. (don't get me wrong, I respect the hardwork
put on it and I won't steal anything -- it's just examining how
someone does someting common may pop some ideas in your mind)

Regarding the closure, memory leak etc. issue; you may want to look at
my recent article and test results, if you haven't seen them already:

http://www.codeproject.com/jscript/leakpatterns.asp

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik