[thelist] Attach not download a zip file

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 04:15:14 CST 2006

> I'm not sure if this is possible but what I need to do is this:  Have
> a link to a zip file on a page but instead of getting a Save
> dialogue, I want to have it open a new blank email with the zip file
> as an attachment.  Is this possible?  I'm using PHP.

I don't think it is possible.

However you may use some server-side thingy to emulate something similar.

you click to a link
a new window opens with a layout something like
e-mail address of the recipient : [input ]
subject: [input]
your message:
[textarea] (or a rich text area of your preference)

[SEND - button (submit)]

When you submit the form, the server will send a mail to the recipient
with the attached file enclosed.

Does that make sense?

Volkan Ozcelik
+>Yep! I'm blogging! : http://www.volkanozcelik.com/volkanozcelik/blog/