[thelist] pop-up menus displayed randomly

Antonio Angelo antonio.angelo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 15:04:22 CST 2006

Hi all!

On my system (XP Home Edition 2002 SP2;Intel Celeron/256 MB RAM),
pop-up menus shows (randomly?) after few seconds (when working with
Firefox) of after a few keypresses (typically, in editors like Pspad
or HTML-Kit), making to work almost impossible.
Often, the problem exibits also after a reboot of the system.
I periodically check the whole system with NOD32 (antivirus) and
SpyBot, but no virus/malware is found.
In the registry, HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Control Panel>Desktop>MenuShowDelay is 500.
I searched over Internet but cannot find something like that (only
about ads pop-up: a completely different case).
Can someone help me? What can I check?
Thanks!

--
Antonio Angelo