[thelist] Help with providing a backup to javascript solution

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:13:10 CST 2006

> The content in his URL wasn't the typical scenario you have in mind.
> When you click on the exclamation mark graphic, it greys out the
> existing content and makes a large popup appear in the center of the
> screen.  He wouldn't want this to be visible by default to users without
> JavaScript, since it'd render the site unusable.
>
> I really like the effect too.  I hope you're able to save the page to be
> useable by people without javascript.

Ah, in that case just reload the page when JS is unavailable and add
the effects on the other page via normal CSS. When JS is available
don't reload the page.
In any case, it is bad practice to set click events on DIVs without
the backup of a real link. The reason is that keyboard users would
never be able to activate the areas.