[thelist] Thorny Javascript Issue with onMouseOver and EventObject....

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Jan 26 12:06:40 CST 2006

Anthony Baratta wrote:

> Firefox needs the event object passed into the function, IE appears to
> ignore that (null object result), and needs the event object created
> manually in the function, or pass the attributes of the event directly
> via the function call. Of course FireFox blows up if you pass the
> attributes of the event object directly to the function.

OK - as soon as I write it up and then starting banging on a solution I
discover that one of my "facts" are wrong. ;-(

Apparently Firefox does not blow up when passing event object properties
via the function call. (I don't know what I was doing last night when I
thought that statement was true - but obviously I was delusional.)

Anyway I think I have my solution:

onmouseover:
	this.style.cursor='pointer';
	showColorCombo(##, event.screenX, event.screenY);

Oh, well. Back to work.

P.S. Just started lurking again, nice to be back.