[thelist] JavaScript help passing variable from HREF to FORM

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 03:48:07 CST 2006

Bruso, John wrote:

> onClick="document.logonForm.url.value='http://library.alldatapro.com';
> document.logonForm.submit();">link</a>
set the hidden field to not hidden for debugging, and you can see that
setting the URL field bit works each time, but the something else
returns an error in IE6 Win XP.

It works for me if I replace the javascript:void() in the href with a "#";

Ironically, doing the form in a more accessible way as noted by others
would probably fix your JS problem - have never used void in this
fashion so not sure why it's an issue in the first place

HTH

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net