[thelist] browser requests

Robert Vreeland vreeland at studioframework.com
Sat Jan 28 13:03:51 CST 2006

Sorry, let me clear this up.
First, I am well aware of what preloading images is for and about and how to
do it. This is not a question about preloading images or where they are
stored. It is a question about site scrapping and how to block it. What
identified this as a scrapping is that the function in question is never
called, it was left over from some original work I had done for the client a
while back and located on a single page. It was an example of an alternative
method of doing mouseovers then what his Dreamweaver app was outputting -
which was a tad funky. So, the function was never used and should have been
deleted. As it stands, though, it keyed him into the scrapping.

Ok, to rephrase my question: Will a browser request a url if it is only
located inside a javascript function that is never called?

Thanks
Robert Vreeland