[thelist] Javascript: Preview a textarea in another window

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Jan 28 14:49:33 CST 2006

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 09:41:46PM +0100, Lars G. Skjellerup wrote:
> My 10 cent's:
>
> Why not take a look at another way of doing it:
>
> http://24ways.org/advent/edit-in-place-with-ajax

I thought about using ajax.  Send the text area in an ajax request
which saves the text area content in the session then open the window
and display the page using the stored content.  But, that has a few
problems -- like requiring two requests and making sure the ajax run
synchronously.  Plus, the two request are not really tied together.

> On a side note: Dreadfull thing popups - should be avoided in imho.

I agree.  This isn't for the public facing part of the application --
is part of the admin screens.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org