[thelist] Outsourcing

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Mon Jan 30 14:08:54 CST 2006

Hershel Robinson wrote:
> I was approached by a potential client last week. He has a medium sized
> web app which has undergone such patching over the years that he is
> ready for a rebuild from scratch. He is working on the proposal now. His
> plan is to outsource the actual programming to cheap programmers in
> India or the former Soviet Union from one of the various websites
> offering such services... What do people think about his idea of outsourcing?

Has your client budgeted anything for quality-assurance testing of the
final experience, and for spot-inspections of how that experience was
coded? If they haven't specified how they'll test whether the project
was successful, then it could be easy to get caught in any subsequent
whiplash....

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd