[thelist] Smooth scrolling on anchor links not on same page

Jacob Reiff jacob at jaacob.com
Tue Jan 31 16:22:35 CST 2006

>> Is it possible to utilize javascript to start the page at the top and
>> then scroll (quickly, I'm not trying to be annoying here) down to the
>> content? I think it would provide a nicer experience (if done quick
>> enough), plus I want to make sure that users know the navigational
>> elements are still above what they are reading.
>
> As for scrolling to anchors:
> http://www.sitepoint.com/print/scroll-smoothly-javascript

I had found that link (the sitepoint tutorial) but from what I
understood, that script only works on links that are within the same
page. I'm talking about links that go to other pages. From my limited
javascript knowledge, I didn't see a way to adapt that script since
it specifically tests if the link is within the same document.

Jacob