[thelist] Need help building a simple JSP/MySQL webapp

Rick den Haan rick.denhaan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:20:35 CST 2006

Thanks to those who responded for the tips! I'm now subscribed to several
Tomcat and JSP lists, and I've found some more tutorials online, and the
problem is now fixed!

As it turns out, the code I had *was* in fact almost usable (but that was
fixed easily), however, I kept getting NoClassDefFound errors on "
Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();" line. A short two
hours later I was desperate and tried restarting the Tomcat server, and
lo-and-behold it worked!

Now that I know how to communicate with the MySQL server, I can get back on
an MVC-path by trying to seperate it from the JSP file.

Thanks again
Rick.