[thelist] IE7 Beta 2 available to public

kasimir-k evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Wed Feb 1 03:59:55 CST 2006

Ian Anderson scribeva in 01/02/2006 9:47:
> 2. This replaces IE6, but you can apparently run an IE6 standalone in
> the same fashion as earlier versions.
> http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/standalone

This article is worth reading:
http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/archive/2005/12/28/434132.aspx

There seems to be some complications running ie6 & ie7 on same system.

> 3. For those like me with only one XP machine who don't want to replace
> IE6 yet, there is an IE7 standalone from ...
> Trouble is, this is Beta 1 and I am unsure how much stock to put in what

I believe there are some significant differences between B1 and B2, e.g.
PNG alpha, IIRC.

.k