[thelist] Searching for a Light Customer Friendly CMS System

Jose Hurtado jlhurtado at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:31:26 CST 2006

Friends,

Many times I find I repeat myself, designing websites for customers, and
adding a blog area.

Ideally I would like to have a full CMS, but simple enough for a client to
use.

I've tested Textpattern... it is OK, but may be too complicated for a
client, and no WYIWYG editor.

I heard about Django, using Python code, but haven't really tried it yet,
and is yet another scripting language to learn.

Basic functions needed would be:

- WYIWYG sections
- Ability to control access to areas of the site
- User updateable
- CSS / Web standards friendly
- Free or very affordable
- Open source if possible, ideally GPL

Any alternatives would be greatly appreciated!

Jose L. Hurtado
Web Designer / Canada