[thelist] CSS..

Parshadi Saraiya saraiyap at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 18:14:22 CST 2006

Hi,

I am working in a small company as a UI designer. My work description includes writing XHTML and CSS for our application. We are at the point where we see ourselves growing, with a need to branch out from one to two different products.

Up until now we used one style sheet which included all the fonts, styles, and  layout. I was looking into how people create their style sheets and very often an online application will they have  multiple style sheets linked to the application - for e.g. one style sheet for fonts, second for the main navigation ... so on and so forth.

I would like to figure out the advantages and disadvantages of using multiple style sheets on an application. According to me it is a nice way to organize but, at the same time it can be confusing to keep track of all the files!

I would appreciate any feedback to help me make my decision.

Thank you,
-Parshadi.