[thelist] Browsers to Support

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Thu Feb 2 12:29:46 CST 2006

Drew Shiel wrote:
> We're putting together a definite list of browsers we (intend to) support.
> ... So, what should be on it?

Which HTML/JS rendering engines does your current audience currently use?

What browsers are developed against by the types of sites whose audience
you wish to attract? (ie, the people you want to draw in to your new
site, what choices have they made for hardware, OS, browser brand,
browser version, browser config?)

How long is this webdev cycle expected to serve, and what types of
browsers will likely be popular by the site's final days?

(ie, checking against the actual audience needs might be stronger than
checking across those developers who happen to be on mailing lists.)

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd