[thelist] Intranet Freezing

April april at farstrider.org
Thu Feb 2 16:59:51 CST 2006

Access only allows so many connections at a time... 10?  When a web app
requests information, that connection stays open for so long.  It's
pretty easy to add up to the limit on open connections that way.  I'm
not sure how avoidable the problem is with connections staying open.
You might be able to change how the pages are coded to ease the problem
a bit... but yeah, Access is not a good idea for something with actual
traffic.